Ganam (SobhanamGanamEvacha) – 4 points
Ganam is the second among the ten kootams (the Dinam) being the first). Ganam considers the matching of both the boy and the girl’s nature to assure compatibility of mind, body, and sensuality after marriage.
Ganam is of three types: Deva, Manushya and Rakshasa.
People under the Deva Ganam are religious, well behaved and pious.
Those under the influence of manushya ganam are Rajasik in behaviour and are a mix of both good and bad in their behaviour. They are good sometimes and at other times hostile.
Those under rakshasa ganam who are under the mode of ignorance are usually very badly behaved.
These are only indicators and different planetary positions and ones practice of yoga and spirituality can change that.
|Deva Ganam||Manushya Ganam||Rakshasa Ganam|
- If both bride and groom are Deva ganam then the match is excellent.
- If both bride and groom are Manushya ganam then it is still considered agreeable.
- If both are Rakshasa ganam then its not at all considered good.
- If the bride comes under deva ganam and the groom under manushya ganam or vice versa, their match is considered a somewhat okay match
- If the groom is of the Rakshasa ganam and the girl is either a Deva ganam or a Manushya ganam, the match is mediocre.
- if the bride is of the Rakshasa ganam and the boy is of any other gana, the match is considered is not recommended